Discover Your Island

Updating Your Student Record

F-1 non-immigrants are required to keep the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) informed about their study together with their place of residence at all times while living in the U.S. Your local address must be updated within 10 days of any change of residence. By reporting to OIE, students can update their changes into the system.
At the university level, students must inform the University any changes of address and emergency contacts. To update your records, please log on to S.A.I.L.( and make the necessary changes. All University correspondence will be sent to the address you have registered in S.A.I.L.
In short, F-1 students must report changes regarding the following categories to the OIE within 10 days: 
  • physical address
  • email address
  • phone number
  • major
  • degree level (bachelor, master, Ph.D.)

Please contact and regarding your changes. Changes must be reported to our office within 10 days of the change. Especially when you are about to travel, make sure your information and all legal documents are up-to-date. If you fail to update our office in a timely manner, you could lose your legal immigration status and be subject to deportation.